Monday 23 March 2015

The Wonder Child Challenge - Chapter Two

Hello again! I'm back with another chapter of my Wonder Child challenge and I'm excited to share my progress with you guys because... well, I have been doing awesomely!

Welcome back to my second chapter! As you can see, little Ben has now aged into a child and I'm ready to really get this challenge underway.


I chose Whiz Kid as Ben's first aspiration so I could hopefully achieve the A grade part of the third section (I usually leave this until last and by then the kid has an A grade already and it doesn't count). I doubled it up with starting the Social skill too, by having him talk to his dad while they played.


Poor kid is doing nothing but skilling and milking his folks for aspiration points so he can get sleep replacement potions. Ben is trying to get his skill level high enough to craft emotional potions at this point.


The Social Butterfly aspiration is one that I've never completed for a child yet, so I sent Ben out the back of the house to meet the strangers there. Since he also needed to make a friend for the first part of this aspiration, I had him chat to this guy until that happened.


I never like to have only children in my game - unless it's for a really legitimate reason - so Melanie is preggers again.


Ben's working on becoming super friendly with his dad so that they can become BFFs and Ben can move onto the third stage of the Social Butterfly aspiration.


I thought this was a rather sweet moment of 'normality' in amongst the chaos that is Ben's skilling life.


The things he does to get through the day: sleep replacement in his left hand, health potion in his right. His dad seems to approve.


So I made it to the final stage of the Social Butterfly challenge - for the first time ever! - and just had Ben invite the random adults he met ages ago to the house to try and befriend them. He needs two adults and three children. At some point during all this friendship making, he maxed out his Social skill.


The days flew by and it was finally time for Melanie to give birth!


She had another little boy, I named him Chris after Chris from Parks and Rec.


By this point, Ben had completed his Mental and Social skills, as well as the Whiz Kid aspiration. His violin skills were so terrible, they even made him grimace!


The days passed and Chris became a child. I've spent so much time focusing on Ben's skills that not a lot of pictures were taken during the later stages of his childhood.


Because of his high Mental skill, Ben ended up double teaming the Motor skill with the Video Game skill. I'd purchased the Savant trait for him by this point, so his skills were climbing super quick!


Melanie and Alf became old and yet remained super adorable and sweet. They pretty much do whatever they want now, but I am still trying to work towards them completing their aspirations and careers.


All the typing on the computer pretty much got Ben's Motor skills maxed quickly and it left me with three aspirations completed and four skills maxed. I needed to befriend three kids with Ben and I only had two days before he was becoming a teen. When I checked the neighbourhood there were literally no kids in it, so I plonked two families from the gallery into the neighbourhood (this one didn't get a house because they couldn't afford one and I couldn't be bothered to download/build one for them).
Ben didn't make friends with them that night, but he did eventually befriend the two little girls here and the other little girl who lives in the house next to theirs, thus completing ALL the childhood aspirations and skills! I have never done that before!!


I threw Ben a party but it was a massive flop, didn't even get the bronze medal! It was down to everyone else feeling lousy, but at least I tried.


So here's Ben's stat slide - minus all the extra bonus traits and such for the moment.


And here's Ben's breakdown for his childhood points. I am SO happy and proud of myself for being able to accomplish so much with him. I'm really looking forward to getting him to another A in high school and topping a teen career (haven't decided which one yet). Ahhhh! I can't wait to continue this Wonder Child Challenge - this is seriously the most wonderful wonder child I've ever produced and I couldn't be happier! Can you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment